COVID-19 Governor's Message:
Due to Governors and OHA recent message LGSD will implement the following as it relates to school operations:
Day-time School Operations – March 12 - April 12, 2020
- Suspend all school assemblies or events that bring community and patrons into our buildings (plays, fundraisers, etc.)
- Suspend all field trips
- No Professional development activities outside of the district
- Practice distancing w/in each classroom, large group spacing preferred over work in small groups
- Essential small groups conducted in open spaces as often as possible
- Provide educational alternatives for medically fragile students
- Visitors and Guests are still allowed
- Staff meetings are still okay…Practice Social Distance
- No outside events coming in; No outside groups coming in; No awards assemblies…look to not have large gatherings; Cancel or suspend all events that will have large gatherings like plays, proms, etc.
- Follow CBA guidelines and policies for closures and personal illness situations
- Get information for any travel out of country- Follow CDC and OHA guidance
- IEP meetings are considered essential meetings…Have in person with spacing, or phone, or Skype.
- Parent Teacher conferences meetings will not be in person: Have by phone, by email, Skype. Work the same hours.
After School Operations – March 12 - April 12, 2020
- Suspend all after school activities that bring parents and community members into our buildings, parent nights, family nights, etc.
- No outside group use of indoor facilities/ no support of outside group activities in our facilities
- Continue with outdoor activities as scheduled, practicing social distancing
- Extended day programs, intervention and extension groups such as Achievement Club, Chess, robotics and Math Club can remain if all kids come from the same school
If ran by an outside group:
Intramural Boys basketball is cancelled for the rest of the season
Fiddle club will be suspended until further notice
Community use agreements for indoor usage are suspended thru April 12, 2020
School Athletics Middle School & High School – March 12 – April 12, 2020
- Outdoor athletics as scheduled- Middle School and High School: Practicing social distancing at least thru April 12, 2020 Follow OSAA guidelines (No spectator rule applies)
- Choir: Get OSAA guidelines on events and competitions
School Activities All Levels – March 12 thru April 12, 2020
- All indoor performances and activities suspended
- IMESD is canceling all meetings and PD opportunities through spring break…More news to come.
- More news to come on Outdoor school
This is an evolving situation and the safety and well-being of students and staff are our top priority.