Summer 2019 Session Dates/Times:
- Classroom Instruction
- July 1, 2, 8, 9, 15, 16, 22, 23, 29, 30, and August 5 (Make-up only)
- 3 hours per class (9:00am to 12:00pm)
- Behind the Wheel drive/observation times will be scheduled at the first class with parent/guardian
- ODOT Requires: 6 hours driving AND 6 hour observing with ODOT Certified Instructor
- La Grande High School, Room 7 (Mr. Wolcott’s Classroom), 708 K Ave, La Grande OR, 97850
- Student must have a valid Oregon Driver’s permit
- Mandatory parent orientation July 1st from 9:00am-10:00am
- Students are only allowed to miss one class.
- Students must attend all scheduled drives/observations
- $250 fee paid by cash or credit card. No checks. (Fee must be paid in full at first session)
- $460 fee for student with driver’s license or 18 or older. (Students in these situations do not qualify for ODOT scholarship of $210)
- No refunds once student attends 2nd class.
- Discount for students on Free/Reduced lunch of $75 but must bring Free/Reduced Lunch
- Notification Letter from your student’s district as proof of status to first class to receive a discount.
- Registration open from June 17-21, 2019
- Maximum enrollment is 25 students for each class. If there is a high demand a second class will be offered..
- Enrollment is based on time stamp on application.
- Students who are not accepted will be placed on the waiting list for the next available session and notified by La Grande Drives Coordinator of status before classes start on July 1st.
- Program Application
- Completion of course reduces supervised driving time with parent/guardian from by 50 hours (100 hours to 50 hours).
- Successful completion means you WILL NOT be required to take the Oregon DMV driver test to get your license.