La Grande School District wants to share its preparedness, prevention and information plans with students, staff, and families regarding the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Oregon to provide over 351,000 children with benefits to replace the meals they get at school. Please visit the following link for more information.
Please click HERE for information on Employee Rights - Paid Sick Leave and Expanded Family and Medical Leave under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA)
The Oregon Department of Education is committed to responding to questions about COVID-19 and the changes and needs of schools and communities on a regular basis. Their FAQ Page has answers to frequently asked questions in multiple categories.
Visit the page: ODE COVID-19 FAQ
La Grande School District (LGSD) takes the health and safety of our community very seriously.
We have been receiving questions and concerns from our community about news of the novel coronavirus (respiratory
illness) called COVID-19. Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses that usually cause mild respiratory illnesses such as the common cold. COVID-19 is a new coronavirus that had not been seen in humans before.
LGSD is closely monitoring these situations and is in frequent contact with public health authorities. To be clear: All
confirmed cases will be handled seriously by the local public health department. They will complete a contact
investigation. If our students, or any students that attended an event, were exposed to a confirmed or presumptive case their families would be contacted directly or the school would be contacted to notify us of the exposure.
What is COVID-19?
You can help yourself and your student(s) to reduce their risk for getting and spreading viral respiratory infections,
including the flu and the common cold, by taking these simple steps which will also prevent COVID-19:
- Wash your hands often with warm water and soap.
- Cover your mouth with a tissue, sleeve, or elbow (not hands) when you cough or sneeze, and then wash your hands.
- If you or someone in your household is sick, stay home and follow the guidance of your healthcare provider.
- Keep your immune system strong by eating a healthy diet, getting enough sleep and regular exercise, and by taking care of underlying health conditions.
- Make sure you are watching yourself for symptoms and take the steps we have outlined if you do become symptomatic. The following links have information about what to look out for and what to do if you do become sick:
Public Agency Resources:
We care deeply about every student, staff and community member in LGSD and we will continue to keep you apprised of pertinent and helpful information as it becomes available. We are working in partnership with multiple agencies to be as prepared as we can be. For additional information, please visit the following links:
- Oregon Health Authority (OHA)
- Centers for Disease Control
- Union County Public Health (CHD)
- Oregon Department of Education (ODE) Communicable Disease Guidance
- 211 Information
Additional Information and Resources:
- LGSD Proactive Checklist
- School Guide: How to clean and disinfect schools
- LGSD Pandemic Plan
- Coronavirus COVID-19 Health and Safety information for staff, parents, and students
- Coronavirus COVID-19 Stakeholder Update
- Information regarding Coronavirus
- Oregon Department of Education (ODE) – 3/03/2020 Bulletin
- Oregon Health Authority – Recommendations for schools
- Oregon Health Authority – COVID-19 Cases in Oregon Schools