Free or Reduced Applications

**Note: Families on the free or reduced-price meal services must renew their application every year, before the end of September, to prevent a disruption of service.  

Free and Reduced Eligibility will rollover to the next school year,  for 30 school attendance days. For the 2019-20 school year that date is Oct 7, 2019.  Before Oct 7, 2019 you need to fill out another application in order to continue with your Free or Reduced meal status, please do so even if you have SNAP or TANF,  make sure you have the application filled out and returned to
your child's school before their eligibility expires. 

Applications can be accepted for 2019-20 school year after August 1, 2019 and through out the school year.

Easier, faster and more confidential than paper.
Apply for meal benefits for your children will be updated for the 2019-20 school year in August 2019.  Please do not apply for the 2019-20 school year until after August. allows you to easily apply for meal benefits for your children. will walk you through the process in just a few minutes. Your completed application will be sent to your school district so your children can receive benefits quickly and confidentially.  We have also included Instructions for on this page. Just scroll down.

We’re your online application experts was the first web site to allow online applications for school meal benefits.  They pioneered the process and worked with the USDA to introduce it to parents in 2005. When you use, you’re working with a leading school food service software provider that knows the importance of your time and privacy.

If you provide an email address the application status will be emailed to you. If you do not have an email address then we will mail a letter regarding your application status.

If you do not receive confirmation within 10 business days, please contact Char Hampton, 541-663-3214.  Or email her at

lunch-app.png  Instructions

  1. Click on Start an Application - Green - Center of Page
  2. Read Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. Then Click on box "I have reviewed and agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy."
  3. Do Not click on View a list of Schools.... Start typing "La Grande" (the school district name will appear in blue above the back button.)
  4. Read the parent letter down to the button, then click on continue.
  5. Fill in YOUR name.
  6. Add your children, one at a time. If they are Foster, click the box next to "Child is a Foster Child." Or if they are Homeless, a Migrant, or a Runaway... click the box next to it.
  7. Add any other house hold member.
  8. When all family/house hold members are added, click next.
  9. If you have SNAP, TANF, FDPIR, click on the box next to the correct benefit.
  10. Click on each member and add their income. The Frequency of income is Every Two Weeks. Please make sure and use the drop down arrow to change this. If there is no income, you need to enter $0.00, even for the children.
  11. Add the Social Security Number for the person filling out the form. If you do not have a Social Security Number, click on the box next to "No Social Security Number."  
  12. Fill in your Address, Phone Number, and Email Address. If you fill in the email address your Application Benefits letter will be sent to your email.
  13. Medicaid. Click only if you want.
  14. Ethnicity and Race is Optional.
  15. Enter any information you feel Food Service needs to know to process your application.  
  16. Final Review - Check over all information then click next if it is ok to approve. Click EDIT next to section you feel  needs changed. Don't forget to put your SNAP CASE Number not your social security number in that section.
  17. You can click on the pink box to add your signature. Then click finish application.


The U.S. Department of Agriculture prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual’s income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department. (Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities.) If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint form, found online at, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339; or (800) 845-6136 (Spanish). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.