Late Start - All Staff: A delayed start means school starts two hours later than a normal schedule.
- All custodial/maintenance/food service staff will report at their normal starting time; or as assigned by custodial/maintenance supervisor.
- All school administration, school office and district office staff should report at their regularly assigned time, if feasible, because response to parent inquires and coordination of maintenance and custodial services are necessary during this time. Exceptions will require the approval of direct building administrator, supervisor or the superintendent.
- All remaining classified staff who do not work under the above guidelines shall come in at least 30 minutes prior to the delayed school start time. Classified staff may request flex time to replace lost time as approved by their building administrator and flex time will be made up within 1 month. Normal leave provisions will apply in making up lost time. Employee safety is paramount as it relates to delays and closures; with this in mind our district expectation is that administrators will communicate and work with classified staff to provide opportunities for make-up time with the aligned goal that classified employees will not suffer a loss of wages due to delays or closures.
- Certificated instructional staff need to report to work by 9:30 a.m.
School Closure - Classified Staff:
- When school is closed due to inclement weather or other unforeseen circumstances, custodial and facilities/maintenance and designated school office and district office staff should report to work by 7:30 to support with safety, communication, snow removal.
- On school closure days, all remaining classified staff who do not work under the above guidelines are not expected to work; Classified employees will not suffer a loss of wages when there is a school closure. In the event that the district is required to extend the school year in order to make up lost time, classified staff will be expected to work the lost time without additional compensation.
- When school is closed for inclement weather/snow days any district office staff, secretarial, classified district specialists, custodial, and maintenance staff who did show up for work will be given trade time for the hours they worked on those days; as other classified employees may not have worked due to driving conditions, but still got paid. However, these staff members may schedule trade time upon the approval of their direct building administrator, supervisor or the superintendent. The building principals/supervisors will need to make sure that the confidential, custodial, and maintenance employees who accrue this type of trade- time use it within 1 month of the date of accrual.
School Closure- Licensed Staff:
When school is closed due to inclement weather or other unforeseen circumstances, licensed staff do not need to report for work. In the event that make-up days are not required of students, teachers shall fulfill their contract year by participating in designated curriculum or district in-service days prior to June 15 of each year.
School Closure- Administrators & Manager:
Administrators and Managers will be expected to report to work by 7:30 AM and remain as necessary; Individual administrators/managers also have the option of scheduling flex time upon the approval of the superintendent.